This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Issue with Azure File Storage fixed

Nov 16, 2016 at 9:26 AM
Edited Nov 16, 2016 at 9:27 AM
Hello,

This is a great tool and we are using this to move our attachments from CRM Online 2016 to Azure. However the tool was giving an error while configured with the Azure File using the configuration key provided in this blog for version 4.1. After browsing through the source code we made the below changes in the configuration key (Unsecure Configuration in plugin step) which fixed the error. I think this change should be made in the site documentation.
    <Setting key="annotationShare" value="crm" />
<!-- Optional folder path.  No leading/trailing / -->
<Setting key="annotationFolder" value="annotations" />
<!-- 
    Root is the container name for "AzureBlob" 
    and share name for "AzureFile" 
-->
<Setting key="activitymimeattachmentShare" value="crm" />
<!-- Optional folder path.  No leading/trailing / -->
<Setting key="activitymimeattachmentFolder" value="activitymimeattachments" />
Coordinator
Nov 18, 2016 at 1:30 AM
Hi Reshmi,

Thanks for the feedback. I assume you're talking about changing the key to "Share" vs. "Root" for the AzureFileStorage provider.

I see that I actually have a bug in the code (it should have been backward compatible) :
        public string Share
        {
            get
            {
                try
                {
                    return configurationProvider.GetSettingValue(entityType + "Share");
                }
                catch { }
                return configurationProvider.GetSettingValue(entityType + "Root");
            }
        }
Will log and fix soon.

Cheers.
Coordinator
Nov 18, 2016 at 1:33 AM
Edited Nov 18, 2016 at 1:58 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.

It's fixed in 4.1.0.1. Instead of using the "Share" key in xml, I'd recommend using the code that was fixed.

Thanks again for the feedback and testing :)
Marked as answer by dawidpotgieter on 11/17/2016 at 6:33 PM