This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Transferring existing attachments failing

Jul 4, 2016 at 5:21 AM
I have the plugins working fine for all new annotations and email attachments. When I try to run Migrate I get nothing happening. I have opened the source code and run in debug mode and get the following error:

An exception of type 'System.NotSupportedException' occurred in Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.dll but was not handled in user code Additional information: The authentication endpoint Kerberos was not found on the configured Secure Token Service!

This is occurring at Line 448 in Main.cs

Any idea what I need to change here? I am running CRM 2016 Online (with Spring Update). I have tried adding references to the 7.1 SDK dll's and get the same result.

Thanks

Simon
Coordinator
Jul 6, 2016 at 1:57 AM
Hi Simon,

I haven't been able to login to codeplex, don't know why it's suddenly allowing me in :0

Anyway. Are you saying that the migration tool can read the settings (so it shows you the secure config that you did) when you click the "connect" button, but the migration fails?

I can imagine it might fail on the connect if your CRM instance uses an authentication method I haven't tested, but you'll know it's not connected at that point.

What kind of authentication provider have you setup?
Jul 6, 2016 at 3:58 AM
Hi Dawid

We are using CRM online – with Office 365 login to the crm6 region
Our URL format is https://xxxxx.crm6.dynamics.com

The migration tool definitely logs in and reads the configuration (I can see the correct values in the read only fields on the form). It seems to not maintain the connection when querying for attachments to migrate.

Thanks

Simon
Coordinator
Jul 6, 2016 at 7:47 PM
Edited Jul 6, 2016 at 7:54 PM
Simon,

If that's the case, I can only imagine that the office token server doesn't like me re-using the authentication token.

To test, you will need to modify the following two lines :

Line 297 from

localProxy = new OrganizationServiceProxy(serviceManagement, authCredentials.SecurityTokenResponse);

to

localProxy = new OrganizationServiceProxy(serviceManagement, serviceManagement.Authenticate(authCredentials).SecurityTokenResponse);

and line 392 the same.

That should get a new authentication token for each connection to CRM, hopefully that solves it.

Please let me know, just guessing here as I can't test directly.

Cheers.

P.S.

You might need a new local authCredentials variable and set the username and password (like line 48-50) but try without this first.